HEY!
I will be writing about my favorite short films in my blog every week! I think short film is a way of sharing wonderful ideas in ten minutes or so without unnecessary details. So; short is good! Have fun :))
Monday, May 14, 2012
THE DOOR
The door is an emotional and beautifully told short film made in Chernobyl contaminated lands. The short starring Igor Sigov (Nİkolai), Juliette Gering (Anya), LiliynGrechk (Lena) was written and directed by Juanita Wilson. It was written based on the 'Monologue about a whole life written down on doors, the testimony of Nikolai Kalugin'
Being a 17 minute short film, it has been nominated for Best Live Action Short Film at the Academy Awards 2010. It couldn't won the Academy Award, but it has already had huge success having won the Best Film Award in both The Irish Film and Television Awards and The Foyle Film Festival in 2008.
The short explores events associated with the 1986 Chernobyl disaster through the eyes of Nikolai, Anya and their daughterLena.
The film opens with an interesting act: stealing a door. The question raising in the viewers' mind is not answered until the final shot. Only at final shot, can we understand why Nikolai retun home. To steal a door?
I think The Door is masterfully scored and powerfully acted . So it is an exciting and interesting dramatic short. I hope you like it like I do!
For more information on film and its director go imdb.com
Here is the film!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment